Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Time for a Trim!

While I was washing lunch dishes yesterday, the kids were playing nicely in the living room. Before long, Aria came to me and said, "mommy, Nina needs your help". She then brought Nina to me, who looked totally fine. Yet, then Nina turned around and I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that she had a comb stuck in her hair! Here, Aria had tried to comb her hair, and had gotten it all into one big tangled mess!

I tried to free all the hair, but after a while, I realized that I was not going to be successful. Nina's hair was all twisted around that comb! So, I got out the scissors and... snip, snip, snip, the comb was out of her hair. Yet, now her hair looked really uneven! Right before we had left Germany, Nina, Aria and a friend had each cut a chunk out of their hair, and with the added hair missing from the comb, well... I decided it was a good time for a good trim!


Of course, Aria then wanted her hair cut too, like Nina's. Although I really didn't want to cut it as we like her hair long, she kept begging and begging. So, I trimmed it too. Long or short hair, they are still our beautiful girls!


***
In other news, David and I have begun meeting with our language helpers! As someone stated, we are in the 'honeymoon' stage of language learning. Everything is new and exciting! As Tuvan is a Turkic language, it is a totally new language for both David and I. We have a L-O-N-G road ahead of us as we learn it, but already, it seems a little less foreign than it did a week ago! We'd appreciate your thoughts as we continue meeting with our language helpers. We have a couple of concerns related to our helpers, and hope that everything will work out. David and I feel like we are in kindergarten as we learn how to count and identify the colors all over again!

2 comments:

rachel said...

Yay! I'm excited for you guys. I will be thinking of you as you get used to studying again, that the language "stick", and as you work with your helpers.
Your girls are very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh, they look adorable, or beautiful--however you want to look at it :) --Megan