Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Doctor's appointments

This week, we've had quite a few doctor's appointments already.

We are in the process of getting all of our children's eyes checked at the eye doctor. As David's eyes aren't the best and he had to get glasses while he was quite young, we thought it would be a good thing to do. So far the older three have been checked. Thankfully, Aria's eyes are totally fine! Yippee! Yet, our Nina and Micah were told that they will most likely need glasses. They go back in a couple of months for more extensive testing, upon which they will most likely receive a prescription for glasses. Can't imagine Nina and Micah wearing glasses... or should I say, keeping them on their face and not breaking them! =) ... but I think they will look quite cute! Nina is already saying she wants 'pink' glasses. =)

Today, bright and early, we took all the kiddos to their pediatrician. Four of them had an appointment to get immunizations, but since they have all been sick, they didn't get any. We knew that would be the case, but we kept the appointment, as we wanted the doctor to check them all, because we are tired of them being sick!!! David and I think it's crazy how we can all stay totally healthy... not even a runny nose... for a whole Siberian winter, and as soon as we get here, the kids all get sick. =( We kind-of anticipated this happening, so we aren't too surprised. Aria has bronchitis, Nina has a cough with an "almost" ear infection, Micah has an extremely runny nose and slight eye infection, and Hanna and Heidi simply have colds. So, the doctor loaded us up on medicine, and hopefully they can all get better soon! (I, personally, am quite tired of wiping noses!)

Then later in the morning, Baby #6 and I had a doctor's appointment as well. We are SO thankful that our little one is growing well and seems to be healthy and strong! Praise Him! I was quite surprised though to hear the doctor tell me that my body is already getting quite ready for this little one to come. She says that she hopes I can carry this baby another 2-3 weeks, but she's not sure I'll be able to. (I guess that's what happens when one has 6 babies in 6 years, and carries around 2 one-year olds throughout the day.) So, it doesn't quite look like I'll be able to make it to this baby's due date (mid-May), but I would really, really like to keep this little one inside for at least another 3 weeks! But yet, I don't want to worry about it, but just rest in Him, knowing that He has this little one's birthdate already planned. =)

Are we ready for the baby to come? Umm... no, not really! I thought that we'd have another 5 weeks to get everything ready, but knowing that the baby could come a lot sooner than that makes me feel a bit overwhelmed. We don't even have a name picked out yet! Well, actually, I have the perfect name picked out for our little one, but David does not like it. And he has what he thinks is the perfect name picked out, but... I don't like it! So what are we to do?!?! This is the first time that we can't agree on a name! Oh my. (David thinks his name should be the first name and mine should be the second... umm, I'm not too sure about that. =D) It's funny anyway.

So, we would appreciate your thoughts if you'd like to think about us. First of all, that our kids will all get healthy again! And secondly, that our little baby will stay put for a while longer (at least another 3 weeks?). Thanks so much! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I will be thinking of you all and hope all get better soon and that baby #6 stays put for the next 3 weeks. Gudrun.