Thursday, August 11, 2011

Since the last time I posted...

... David, with the help of his wonderful siblings, spent some long days at our house getting it all fixed up.

... we grieved the passing away of a special uncle of David's. (Wir lieben euch alle, Familie Grunau!)

... I spent some very long days trying to pack-up and clean-up the apartment where we were living. (Seriously, it took me all day just trying to get 5 windows cleaned... that's how many little interruptions I had! Therefore, we are so thankful for a friend who volunteered to finish cleaning it for us once we had left!)

... David celebrated a birthday! =)


... we moved into our new house! (To say that we are enjoying it would be an understatement... we are really enjoying it! We are SO thankful for this house which has been provided for us at this time!)

... we are so thankful to all those who helped us do some renovations on the place (wallpapering, painting, etc.) and a special thank-you to my sister-in-law, Irina, for cleaning the whole place for us before we moved in! I don't think I would have ever had the time to clean it as well as she did!

... the kids have been spending lots of time playing in our little yard out back. (Seriously, look at all of that GRASS! It's just plain wonderful.)


... I've experienced my first pinched nerve in my back. Not such a good experience. Thankfully, after many days and nights of pain, it's starting to feel a lot better.

... we've been trying to teach Hanna and Heidi how to feed themselves.



They think it's a blast gaining some more independence...

... I, not so much. I'll enjoy it more once they have learned and are little professionals at eating. For now, all the extra "messiness" at meal times is just not my idea of fun. But, I know it will eventually be worth it.

... the kids have been able to spend some more time with their Ur Oma (David's grandmother) who lives right next door. (Here, Nina is watching her knit a sweater for Aria.)


... we've been enjoying getting to know some of our neighbors. One of the families living next to us have 5 little girls (smile) and another family has a little boy, the exact same age as Micah!

... I caught the twins "playing" with the pot of spaghetti on the table when I came back from helping the others wash their hands.


... Madelynn has been smiling more and just getting bigger! We are SO thankful for our precious baby. The other day, I was a tad bit frazzled trying to get things in our house in order while tending to the kids who were acting crazy. David just smiled and, referring to Madelynn who was quietly sleeping said, "yeah, and for all of that you have a golden baby". It is so true. She is such a laid-back, content little baby... definitely an answer to one of my prayers! Of course she has her fussy moments, but really, she's quite easy. (Big sigh) She's just precious. =)

No comments: