Today started out pretty much like every other day.
Alarm goes off way too early, and the next half hour is spent getting Aria ready and off to get the bus for school. A quick kiss to hubby who's also going out the door to school, and then, it's back upstairs to get the other five dressed and ready for the day. In the midst of the occasional squabble, whining, and complaining that, "I don't know what to wear", we somehow all manage to get dressed and downstairs for breakfast.
After finishing off our bowls of oatmeal, we all get ready to take Nina to kindergarten... something the kids all really enjoy. Then, it's back home again in order to hang-out the wash, get lunch ready, help little guy with his "homework" (just some fun pre-school work), and play a bit outside.
After lunch... NAP TIME for the younger 4!!!
(Sometimes, I get a tad bit excited for this time!) :)
Aria comes home, Nina comes home, and a friend is called up to "come over and play".
Funny. I was listening to Aria and Nina talking with their friend,
and I kinda chuckled at this little conversation...
Friend: Doesn't your mommy work?
Aria: No.
Friend: Why doesn't she work?
Aria: Because she has too many little kids.
Of course, the friend was talking about working 'outside' of the home... but it was just funny to me. (What? I don't work? Then what is it that I'm doing all day long???) It's sad too, really, that today, children see it as something odd and strange when a mom is at home instead of at work! Terrible, really.
As I was getting Madelynn ready to go outside, I caught these two telling secrets...
and kissing. :)
(It really was just a quick little kiss... just happened to snap the picture at the right time!)
We are spoiled, in that every Tuesday evening, a baker comes with his van full of baked goods and parks at the end of our little street. The older three kiddos really enjoy going together and buying a loaf of bread for me. Well, today the older two were busy playing with their friend, so I asked Micah if he would like to go all by himself to buy bread. He was SO excited to be able to do this alone! And he did a great job... bringing me a loaf of bread and some licorice candy for him and his sisters (we have a really nice baker!) When he came to the door, he handed me the change and said, "mom, I gave the bread man the money, but he didn't use it and just gave it back to me". :)
Oh, and this girl...
what a precious one she is!
She presently has 3 teeth, and is working on 3 more.
Oh, and just in case you are wondering? No, she is not yet crawling! Yes, I know that she's already 11 months!!! She is just such a laid-back baby, I guess she just doesn't see the need to "be on the move" quite yet. No, we aren't worried about the fact that she's not yet crawling. (We know that her hips are totally fine!) We know that when she's ready, she'll start moving. She's finally showing some signs that she's in the beginning stages of getting ready to crawl, which she thinks is just great!
Who needs to crawl when one can have so much fun playing with toys sitting up?
We all are SO in love with this baby, whom we all call "cute".
And yeah, then it was supper, baths, and getting ready for bed...
but that's nothing much fun to talk about...
at least nothing exciting really happened tonight... which is a good thing, actually! :)
Good-night!


1 comment:
I look forward to naptimes, and it's only 2 of them with the oldest one at school :) Your kids are all so cute, and I love the comment about why you don't work--so funny!
Post a Comment