Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Denmark

The past two weeks, our older three had fall break from school and kindergarten.  So, we took advantage of there being 'no school' and of the "off season prices" and took a little family vacation!  We rented a house in Denmark (with an indoor pool!!!) which was located only about 400 meters from the East Sea.  It wasn't all 'stress free' and relaxing (spending 7+ hours with 7 little ones in a car isn't all 'peaches and cream'!), but it was totally worth going. The kids enjoyed being able to see waves and taste salt water for the first time, as well as splashing around in the pool.  David enjoyed a break from the normal routine of studying, and I enjoyed having David around 24 - 7! That was vacation enough for me!  :)

Here are just a few photos from our week long vacation in Denmark!









(I know it looks terribly funny wearing hats, coats and rain boots to the beach! But it was quite cold and windy, and the kids wanted to play in the water! :D)




Anyone know how to speak Danish?






I know that most people say Micah looks 'just like his papa'.  He definitely gets his smile and dimples from David. But, oh my goodness. I totally see my brother in his eyes and some of the expressions he makes! Sometimes I even catch myself wanting to call him 'Jeff'!


One can never be 'too safe' with their kiddos in the water, right? :D








No comments: